Updated 18 July, 2022
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. You must not complete your purchase unless you agree with these Terms and Conditions.
1) The right of admission is reserved and is subject to Destructive Steps 14 (hereafter referred to as the Event) organisers (D.S.D.A., Destructive Steps 14) and the venue’s staff discretion.
2) Wristbands will be attached at the entrance and must be worn at all times for the duration of the Event. Once a wristband is removed it becomes void. Stretched or damaged wristbands will not be replaced.
3) Any minor under 15 cannot enter except in company with a responsible adult or parent or guardian.
4) It may be a condition of entry to the Event that a search of your person and/or your possessions is required at the time of entry to the venue. GLASS, ALCOHOL, WEAPONS, ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES or any item the event organisers consider may be used in an illegal or offensive manner may be confiscated. Refusal to consent to a search WILL prevent entry to Event, without refund.
5) Entry is at own risk and the right to refuse entry is reserved. The promoter or venue shall not be held liable for any loss, injury or damages sustained entering on the site – to the extent allowed by the law. All bags/containers will be subject to a full search. Any prohibited items found will be confiscated and not returned The police may or may not be contacted with regards to the nature of confiscated items.
6) Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased through an authorized point of sale. Do not share your ticket barcode, it may prevent entry.
Audio and visual
7) Audio or visual recordings or still images are permitted but images that are displayed for or used for a public or private purpose must be correctly labelled/captioned as ‘taken at Destructive Steps 14 event’. By attending the Event, you consent to being included in any film and/or sound recordings of the Event that may take place and agree for these recordings to be used by the event organiser.
8) To the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not accept liability of any nature for the acts, omissions or default of those providing services in connection with the Event or any liability for any injury, damage, loss, delay or additional expenses which are incurred at or in association with this Event. Where legislation implies any condition or warranty which cannot be excluded or modified, that condition or warranty will be deemed to be included in this agreement. However, our liability for any breach of such condition or warranty will be limited, at our option, to the resupply of the services or the cost of having the services supplied again. In no event will we be liable for any indirect, consequential, exemplary or special damages.
9) Admission is at the ticket holder’s own risk. You acknowledge that neither we nor the venue will be responsible for any loss or damage to property (including personal property such as bags, money or other personal items) brought to or purchased at the Event by you or your invitees.
10) You will be liable for any loss or damage caused at the Event by you or your invitees.
11) You must ensure that you and your invitees act in an orderly manner when attending the Event. We may refuse entry or evict you or any of your invitees if they are behaving in an intoxicated, disorderly, offensive, threatening or inappropriate manner, towards any person.
12) The Event is open to all ages. Children under the age of 15 years that attend the Event must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Children who behave in a disorderly, disruptive or inappropriate manner may at the sole discretion of the Event organisers be required to leave.
Alcohol, smoking, illegal substances and glass
13) The ENTIRE venue and event is an ALCOHOL and DRUG FREE ZONE. Any alcohol or illegal drugs consumed in these areas will cause immediate eviction and cancellation of your ticket and/or wristband.
14) The whole venue is a GLASS FREE ZONE and no glass shall be brought into any part of the venue. Please do not bring glass into the Event, broken glass and festivals do not mix, consider your fellow humans feet.
15) Anyone found supplying or buying alcohol or illegal drugs for a minor will be evicted from the Event and will face criminal charges.
16) Anyone found supplying or consuming illicit drugs will be evicted from the premises and face criminal charges.
17) Smoking will not be permitted within the venue or event.
COVID-19 special terms
Destructive Steps Dance Association Incorporated has adopted some special Terms and Conditions in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. These special terms are set out below.
What if a member of my party is sick or required to self-isolate?
You must not attend the event or the Venue if you are:
– Have confirmed case of COVID-19
– Required to self-isolate or quarantine.
– Have come in contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19.
– Live in a high risk area.
– Having recently returned from overseas.
– Have COVID-19 symptoms.
– Are awaiting results from our COVID-19 test.
What is the refund policy during COVID-19?
Please contact us for a refund or exchange by 10am on the day of the event or earlier by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the Procedures for Entry and Attendance?
– Tickets will be issued electronically via email and must be presented on your phone or other portable device to gain entry to an event.
– All guests must sign in via a QR code for contact tracing.
– Mask use is strongly recommended.
– Comply with all COVID-19 safety protocols and/or requirements.
Cash Payments will not be accepted at any time.
Covid-19 event safety plan
WELLBEING OF STAFF AND ATTENDEES
1) DSDA staff will set aside a location to isolate event-goers and/or staff who demonstrate signs or symptoms of COVID-19. However, all DSDA staff, volunteers or participants with any symptoms will be advised to stay home and have no entry upon the day of the event. They must also go and get tested; following government guidelines about self isolating.
2) DSDA staff will be implementing contactless methods for exchanging or verifying items like online tickets or identification, as well as separate tables for different competitors. All payments will be contactless (prepaid/ credit card payments) at the event.
3) DSDA staff will place any required chairs and tables 1.5 m apart when the event is taking place and ensure there is enough space at entrance and foyer for people to be 1.5m apart when using the QR codes to provide their contact details.
4) One way entrances and exits will be implemented to ensure that any queues/ traffic is minimised.
5) DSDA staff will use hazard tape to mark 1.5m distance on the floor to assist participants maintain social distance, ensuring they are not placed too close to each other. Please abide by these tape markings to ensure all participants stay safe.
6) DSDA staff will remind event staff, volunteers and participants to prohibit certain actions like handshakes or high-fives that are common at many events but could facilitate the spread of COVID-19.
7) DSDA will not be serving any food at the venue. All participants must buy their own food and consume outside of the venue.
HYGIENE AND CLEANING
8) DSDA staff will have several hand sanitizing stations so that all staff, volunteers and participants are able to sanitize their hands before, during and after the event. All participants must sanitize before and after entering the venue at all times.
9) Require attendees to use hand sanitiser or wash hands upon entry and exit of your venue, exit of bathrooms, after disposing of waste, and after consuming food.
10) Instructions on proper handwashing at handwashing stations will be required through signages provided by DSDA media staff (at least 20 seconds in accordance with Government/ WHO guidance).
11) DSDA staff will remind event-goers not to touch their eyes, nose or mouth.
12) All event-goers will be reminded to cover their nose and mouth with an approved face mask when around others. Unless stated otherwise by local regulations, exceptions are for children under two, persons with breathing issues, or someone who is unconscious/incapacitated or unable to remove their face cover independently.
13) DSDA staff will ensure the flooring will be wiped down, as well as any high touch points, before and after battles take place.
14) DSDA staff will screen event-goers for COVID-19 symptoms, such as checking temperature upon entry. Require individuals with visible COVID-19 symptoms, such as a cough, to leave the event immediately, review reporting requirements, and re-assess risk of continuing the event.
15) DSDA staff will monitor event participants entering and leaving the venue at their assigned timeframe. This will be monitored through the event timetable/ runsheet.
16) If an event-goer displays symptoms during the event, separate the event-goer from others until they can go home, contact local health officials, communicate potential exposure to staff and event-goers, and clean and disinfect the event space.
You acknowledge that anyone not adhering to these requirements may be in breach of directions issued by the Chief Health Officer for which penalties may apply including refusal of entry.
If you are registering on behalf of another individual, by accepting these Terms and Conditions you also acknowledge that this information has been shared and accepted by all individuals you are registering on behalf of. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions and directions issued by the Chief Health Officer can result in penalities, including refusal of entry.